Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bar-b-que Chicken

Bar-b-que
Chicken







We went to a friends house to eat and he was putting chicken on the grill that his wife had just boiled until tender. I didn't say anything about it, but I sure thought, YUCK!
He put Bar-b-que sauce on the top of all the pieces and shut the lid on the grill, several minutes later he turned the chicken and put sauce on that side. After the sauce had set several minutes he took the chicken off the grill to serve with dinner. It was so tender and juicy, and it was all cooked through. It wasn't YUCK at all. It was DELICIOUS, I think I have boiled my chicken, before grilling ever since.

Ingredients:
10 lbs leg and thigh quarters
water to cover
4 chicken bullion cubes
BBQ Sauce
Honey (optional)

In a large pot, place leg quarters, water, bullion,over medium high heat,cover with lid, watching to make sure not to let it boil over. When it comes to a full boil turn down to a lower heat, just high enough to have a low boil. About 20-25 minutes. If I have time I leave in the pot to cool down, they will continue to cook as they set.
I use to cut the legs and thighs apart, I now cook them together, after they cool, I take the skin off, and gently take them apart. This is sooooo much easier, and safer to separate them this way.
arrange in a baking dish, drizzle with BBQ Sauce and a little honey, either put on the grill to get a smokey flavor, or just bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until sauce has cooked into chicken.

I like to cook extra chicken, after its cooled and I skinned and separated the pieces, I put it in a gallon zip lock bag and freeze. This is wonderful to take along on a camping trip, it's so easy to prepare on the grill.


No comments:

Post a Comment